Top tips to ensure proactive success:
- Have in place well designed policies and procedures to cover all business needs and eventualities and ensure every part of your business is operating like a well-oiled machine.
- Prepare comprehensive job descriptions for every employee and evaluate regularly.
- Set objectives / targets to provide focus for all parties on what needs to be achieved both short and long term and give feedback regularly.
- Give praise for work well done and deal with instances of poor performance before they become a major issue.
- Keep up to date with the latest employment legislation? And, always ensure you are exercising your duty of care towards the welfare and development of your employees.
- Communicate with your employees and keep them informed, engaged and focussed on your strategic goals. Also, take a bottom-up approach that allows employees to voice their concerns and ideas.
- Provide opportunities for training and career progression wherever possible.