Options HR (‘the Consultancy’) will at all times, whether or not engaged under a contract for services with the Client or in the event of providing human resource or employment guidance and advice to the Client and except where such information is in the public domain:
- maintain the strictest secrecy with regard to the business affairs of the Client, its officers, employees, customers and suppliers, except to the extent that the Consultancy may be authorised or ordered to disclose them by the board of directors of this Client, a court of law, any authorised supervisory or enforcement agency (such as the police, a regulatory body given powers under the Financial Services Act or HM Revenue & Customs);
- refrain from revealing or using confidential information regarding systems and data for personal gain;
- whilst on the Client site(s), access the internet only when authorised to do so by the Client through available and provided Client wireless networks and passwords (which will also remain confidential) only for official employer business, or for the business of the Consultancy;
- when managing sensitive personal data on behalf of the Client, such data will be accessed only by the undersigned, by a Consultant representing the Consultancy in the proper performance of their duties or by the authorised and approved IT Contractor supplying technology support services to the Consultancy;
- on the Consultancy premises, there is security access and technology access controls to safeguard all of the data we record. Access to the Consultancy’s information technology is protected and includes multi-layer passwords, a hardware firewall, anti-virus and anti-malware software. The Consultancy premises has a security alarm system;
- data is only removed from Consultancy premises using secure devices with password protection in place; and
- secure destruction of data is carried out by an authorised file destruction company.
Options HR is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (registration reference ZA384700) and any Consultants acting on behalf of Options HR, will be familiar with the data protection procedures set down by the Consultancy as a result of the Data Protection Act 2018 and understand that the Client is obliged as a consequence to view any breach of these procedures as a serious matter that could result in action being taken by the Client for the breach.
Sue Ferguson, HR Consultant
For and on behalf of Options HR
10 October 2018