Your people are the key to the success of your business. By investing in them you are investing in your success. But how do you make sure they are working as hard as they can, to bring about that success?
Here are our top 10 tips to help you get the most from your people:
- Provide a vibrant and stimulating working environment and a culture that values the contribution made by each person
- Embrace the diverse range of skills, expertise, experience, attitudes and backgrounds of all your staff
- Encourage your staff to reach their full potential. Provide them with opportunities to develop their expertise, both in terms of technical and soft skills
- Provide formal and informal performance reviews on a regular basis
- Set clear objectives and achievable targets with your staff and allow them to air their concerns within an environment of trust and honesty
- Deal with issues as soon as they arise. Don’t wait for them to become a significant problem
- Equip your managers with the skills they need to deal with difficult situations confidently and effectively
- Reinforce and reward good performance. Provide incentives and rewards that motivate each individual member of staff
- Offer a clear career path to incentivise employees to be the best they can be
- Conduct regular employee questionnaires to highlight areas for concern and ensure staff feel that you value their opinions.
Managing staff is often the hardest part of any manager’s job. Follow these simple tips and you’ll find it easier to encourage your staff to put their best efforts into working with you. If you need any help with improving the performance of your people, get in touch by calling 0118 940 3032 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.